Eco-City Study tour: "Sustainable Trentino":
Trentino is both the wealthiest and the most sustainable region in Italy. This workshop comprises a study tour of places and projects that offer the most interesting interventions in Italy for lowering carbon emissions. The group will spend three nights in Trento in the Le Albere apartments designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop, adjacent to the MUSE science museum by the same office. The entire project, set on the site of a defunct automobile factory, is the only eco-quartier in Italy. During the first day we will analyze this project and meet with Massimiliano Vanella to discuss the difference of Piano’s project with the more sustainable Casa Clima projects, which have a higher rating. He will lead us to visit a Casa Clima house to witness how it works. The next day we will drive to the nearby park of Arte Sella, where artists during the past 30 years have made interventions linked to the natural features of the park. In the evening we will meet with the Architects Modus. The last day we will spend in Bolzano visiting the Eco-district of CasaNova by Siefried Delueg (2012), similar in scale to Le Albere, the straw bale vacation houses at Lana by Margarethe Schwartz (2007), and one of the Messner museums by Zaha Hadid (2015)
- Applications at: email@example.com
- Locations: Trento + Bolzano + Dolomites Region
- Certificates of Attendance: will be given to the students after the end of the school trip
- Departure from Milan: Thursday morning - 07/11/2019
- Return to Milan: Sunday evening - 10/11/2019
- Accommodation: 2 nights in Trento - covered by the registration fee - provided inside the residential complex "Le Albere" designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop + 1 night in a Hotel in Bolzano (also covered by the registration fee)
- “MUSE”, Museo delle Scienze, Trento (TN), Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Residential Complex “LE ALBERE”, Trento (TN), Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- TRENTO Historical City Centre, BOLZANO Historical City Centre
- “MART”, Museo di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea, Rovereto, Mario Botta Architetti
- Unesco World Heritage Sites in the “DOLOMITES”, Massiccio del Sella
- “Residential Complex - EcoQurtiere "CASANOVA”, Bolzano (BZ)
- "MESSNER MOUNTAIN MUSEUM", Plan de Corones (BZ), Zaha Hadid Architects
- Facebook/Instagram Pages: Workshop.Terraviva
Thursday Nov. 7th
7:00 am Leave Milan in Caravan of 4 cars.
10:30-12:30 Meet Massimiliano Vanella for an introduction to Casa Clima method for a villa, south of Trento. Picnic lunch provided by RI
13:00-17:00 visit MUSE museum and then get settled in apartments with kitchens in Le Albere. Visit several office buildings, The BUK University Library.
18:00 everyone on their own for dinner in Trento
Friday Nov. 8th
7:30 Wake up
8:30-11:00 Leave Trento for Bolzano. Visit CasaNova District. Social housing, 158 units in 30 buildings, made with Casa Clima criteria. Masterplan Frits van Dongen (De Architecten Cie), 2006, buildings 2012 by several firms, including Siefried Delueg, CDM, and Paolo de Benetictis.
11:00-15:00 attempt to see Messner Museum Corones (Zaha Hadid 2004)—it is officially closed until end of Nov. Bring Sandwiches and wine.
15:00-16:30 Cavalese Teleriscaldmento complex, Weber+Winterle (Alberto Winterle), 2012
17:30 return to Trento
Saturday, Nov. 9th
7:30 Wake up
8:30-9:45 Leave Trento for Bressanone
10:00-12:00 visit Damiani-Holz wood manufacture by MoDus architects (Sandy Attia and Matteo Scaglon), 2013 and Teleriscaldamento plant with skate park (MoDus, 2007)
12:00-13:30 visit Klosterpark maze, pz. Del Duomo. Picnic
14:30-16:00 visit Hubert Kostner House and studio at Kastelruth (MoDus, 2013)—Kostner is the Adige’s answer to Maurizio Cattalan.
16:30-17:15 Bolzano, Hotel Central rooms (no kitchens). Everyone on their own for dinner.
Sunday Nov. 10th
8:00 Wake up
9:30 Leave Bolzano, drive to Arte Sella nature park.
10:00-15:00 visit park and have picnic. 15:00-18:00 return to Milan
More Info at: firstname.lastname@example.org